Sunday, August 23, 2015

Catchin' Cats Chapter 2: User Interface 1.0



My eyes!!! What have you done to my eyes!!!




Oh I'm so sorry Pingouin, I should have warned you. But you're here early!
Well today we will talk about... our first GUI!





That's what you call GUI? Seriously?



As you could guess, it's all placeholder! Let me explain: after we made our first prototype, my friend needed a lot of assets to start working. It didn't have to be pretty or anything, juste to be there, and close enough to the final version in functionality.
So I made a quick flowchart (I already had drafts of what I wanted) and UI assets. I used round shapes and purple colors.





 About that flowchart... Excuse-me but navigation seems a bit complicated to me!




Well that's true... when browsing menus, the player moves to different parts of a same background, and that's not really... ergonomic.
But all the important informations are on the main page and you don't need to browse those menus often.
So I decided to make a funny navigation, with a nice atmosphere and cute kittens to discover!




Okay then, but do something for that background!




Oh Pingouin...
Here are the first rough, line art, and final result! You're feeling better?







Yes! That's much better, I know exactly where I will take my first nap!




I'm glad you like it! Pingouin?



...
...





Well... see you soon for a new chapter!

Catchin' Cats is available on Googleplay!


No comments:

Post a Comment